> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Take 2: Black Veil Brides Style, Lesson By Gabriel Leopardi
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
7 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Pai
Aug 8 2016, 04:07 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Original lesson: Black Veil Brides Style by Gabriel Leopardi

Good Morning GMC Here is my second take after I had passed all the difficulties. Overall it is interesting doing audio recording even thought my phone camera focusing is annoying. If it doesn't pass I will come back with 3rd take. All the best from Thailand. Pai

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=57260

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Aug 8 2016, 08:35 PM
Instructor
Wel well - first of all....Huuuuge congrats! This is a night to day difference between your previous take in both fields - playing and audio-video quality. Now we can cleary hear and see your playing. You do not fall out of timing anymore - there are some little timing slips but none of them is critical smile.gif

First thing to notice is you need to tune your guitar a little better. It's visible especially in the final rhythm part - those powerchords are not perfectly in tune.

Fast run at 0:15 is not perfect yet but sounds much better, comparing to previous take. Less notes are lost and hands sync is better.

Around 0:21-0:22 sounds like the pick is being stacked between strings or something - recheck that moment. Something went wrong for sure.

Gallop in the middle of the take is probably what needs most of attention since that's where timing problem is most visible

There's a black screen at 0:35 but it looks more like a recorder error than a video editting. I hope I'm not wrong wink.gif

Congratulations. Your work on this lesson has given visible results and even if it's not perfect it's still almost like played by a different player, comparing to the first attempt smile.gif Well done!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 11 2016, 09:34 AM
Instructor
Hi, I didn't see that you already did a 2nd version.. I've only just commented on your 1st! rolleyes.gif

Well, this is much better. Your timing is so much more accurate here. There's only a couple of places where it goes slightly ahead. 0:19 is slightly rushed. The bit at 0:22 has a slight coordination issue between picking hand and fretting hand.

The descending run at 0:56 is not quite accurate. Your pull-off / hammer-on technique needs some attention.

The speed picking run at 0:14-0:16 has some slight coordination issues, where the fingers and pick strokes are not exactly lining up properly.

So, to summarise, continue to work on your timing and coordination between pick and fingers. Also spend some time working on pull-offs and hammer-ons because your fingers don't currently have the level of control to keep the timing accurate, particularly on the pull-offs.

Overall, good work!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 15 2016, 08:11 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! How are you?

This new take shows many improvements compared with the previous video that you've shared here so congrats on all the hard work that you've put on this lesson. The technical audio and video quality is perfect for this purpose now.

Both Ben and Darius has given you the right feedback for this one and marked which are the elements that you need to work. In order to summarise and give my point of view, this is what I see here:

- The fast alternate picking passage is not sounding precise. The problem is that your hands are not going in sync when playing at that speed. You need to isolate this one and practice it at a slower tempo, trying to keep always both hands in sync, and increase speed slowly. You can use some other AP exercises as complement. Contact me if you need any suggestions.

- I find many rhythm parts (mostly the ones with palm muting) that are not correct, or tight. You need to polish the timing of your riffs.

- Guitar tune: I note that your guitar is not on tune, and it becomes more notable when you play power chords and 9th chords. Always remember to check your tuning.

- The lead solos can have some special attention to sound more precise regarding tempo, but also to include more consistent bending and vibrato.

Ok mate, that's all by now. Keep on the hard work!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Fran
Aug 17 2016, 04:34 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 6.7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 04:37 AM