Learnings Chords Patterns
Keilnoth
Aug 1 2009, 08:15 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
It seems like I have some problems with learning chords patterns. I know chords are intervals and a tonic, 3, 5, 7, etc... But what I am looking for is a way to progressively learn all the chords & patterns.

I already know the basic minors and majors and simple open chords. What should I learn next, and next ?

Thanks smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

My Guitars: Fender Stratocaster Billy Corgan Signature, Ibanez RG270
My Amp: Peavey Bandit 112
My Pedals: Blackstar HT-Dual, Boss DD-7, Boss CS-3, Boss RC-20
My Wishlist: New bridge + Pickups for my Ibanez, EHX POG2, EHX Cathedral / Holy Grail
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 1 2009, 11:01 PM
Instructor
Sure, there are lots of ways to do that. Start from C major key and learn the chord progression of C major:

C, Dm, Em, F, G, Am, Bdim

then go to G major key:

G, Am, Bm, C, D, Em, F#dim

etc..

there are 12 keys.

You can check out my keys table on this topic and examine it. Let me know if you need some questions about it. You can see all the notes, modes and chords labeled there.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=312891

If you want to go beyond triad chords, you can add 7th note on top of every chord. 7th chords are commonly in use in Jazz, but other forms of music as well. For example, here are 7th chords of C major:

Cmaj7, Dm7, Em7, Fmaj7, G7, Am7, Bdim7

I'll be glad to help further on this matter, PM me, or we can discuss it here.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 1 2009, 11:04 PM
Learning Rock Star
It sounds like you actually do know the theory behind chords, but you're just looking for where to go next. As Ivan suggested: expanding to 7th chords is probably the most natural step to take. Learning the chords should not be that difficult if you know your way around theory, fretboard etc. Once you know the 7 of them in one key, it will not be that difficult to navigate and use the same in other keys, as the shame and theory is the same.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th May 2024 - 11:34 AM