Its Time To Learn Some Songs..., Easy stuff, please name it :)
twist
Sep 14 2010, 11:27 PM
GMC:er
Hi everyone!

Ok, i am a bit tired of only playing licks and short riffs. I am stuck at a level where i can do a lot of stuff but barely play 2 or 3 whole songs. So i am looking for some songs i can learn. I basically prefer german powermetal, but in genereal as long as it is metal, i like it smile.gif Metalcore is good too smile.gif The problem: They should be easy to learn... I can play some stuff like breaking the Law from Judas Priest, but there is definitely some room for a bit more difficult stuff. smile.gif

So i would appreciate it if those of you who know some easy rock and metal songs can name them so i can learn them smile.gif

Thank you!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
rivers just happen

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Sep 14 2010, 11:54 PM
GMC:er
Start off with things like AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, and Black Sabbath. (high school drop out - optional)

First getting into guitar AC/DC all the way and then Metallica!
Once you know that, see if you can play something harder, pick up Eddie Van Halen and Paul Gilbert.

Something harder! Learn Al Di Meola and John McLaughlin. Then Yngwie Malmsteen.
Move entirely from basic rock/metal into classical and then back again, it's evil!

Then your got yourself some hardcore Zakk Wylde playing skills.
(He went AC/DC > Eddie Van Halen > Al Di Meola > John McLaughlin > Classical > Southen Rock > Heavy Rock > Heavy Metal)

The key is to mix it up a bit even if you want to just learn thrash metal, learning others and even classical music improves the style 10x fold. Sigh, I hate classical too, but when turning classical into metal it rocks!

Some good songs to start out with:
Smoke on the Water - Deep Purple
Breaking the law - Judas Priest
Iron Man - Black Sabbath
God of Thunder - Kiss
AC/DC - Back in Black
AC/DC - Hells Bells
Metallica - Nothing Else Matters
Metallica - Fade to Black
Metallica - One
Crazy Train - Ozzy Osbourne

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Azzaboi: Sep 15 2010, 12:18 AM

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Sep 15 2010, 01:07 AM
Instructor
You can do This one, but you can skip the second part of the solo for now

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Sep 15 2010, 12:12 PM
Jazz Instructor
Azzaboi, great video.
Guy has the point, obvious influence of dark classical music.

+Quote Post
Fre
Sep 15 2010, 01:36 PM
Learning Rock Star
Indeed, great and useful explanation Azzaboi!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 15 2010, 05:53 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Have you checked the GMC songs archive?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/video-lessons/songs/

You can find some interesting easy to learn songs there. I would also recommend learning some songs that are not in your comfort style to broaden your skills.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2024 - 04:02 AM