Feeling, That Guitar
MonkeyDAthos
Dec 20 2010, 03:02 PM
GMC:er
hey GMC, 2 days ago i went to a music store and started to try guitar's 1º one was a gibson les paul don't know the model aww didn't like it they just don't fit me..... then i tried a Jem it was great and then i tried a Gibson SG Standard :x and i don't know what happen wub.gif it'was like my heart start do beating fast xD and i was a bit shy playing on it ...i know that a Gibson SG isn't that powerfull comparing the others guitars that i have tried :x but only this one breeing be some wierd feelings and i loved the time i played it even more that the Jem :x

do this mean i found "that" guitar or that i am just stupid xD

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
maharzan
Dec 20 2010, 04:32 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
you found it. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 20 2010, 04:43 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I think you did. Go to the store and try it again! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Fre
Dec 20 2010, 04:50 PM
Learning Rock Star
I had the same here. I when to the store and didn't buy what I planned, but I tried some and fell in love.
Even different models (from same serie for example SG) can have a total different feeling.
I think you should check out again, definately!!

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Dec 20 2010, 05:35 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Same thing happened to me man smile.gif
I had an acoustic guitar that cost me a fortune (Takamines top model),
but I sat down and tried a much cheaper Guild guitar, and I just had to sell my Takamine to get it.
It just felt right smile.gif

Try it again, and if it still feels great... Buy it smile.gif

This post has been edited by audiopaal: Dec 20 2010, 05:36 PM

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Dec 20 2010, 05:45 PM
biggrin.gif i'll definitely trying again, can't wait

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Dec 20 2010, 06:48 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
You found it bro! The same thing happened to me when I picked up my Olympic White American Strat in Guitar Center. I have played American Strats before...but something clicked with this guitar. I haven't put it down since!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Fran
Dec 20 2010, 10:47 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Go try it again some other day. Just to make sure you really dig it so much. Sometimes it's not just a certain guitar model that makes the guitar feel good, but it being nicely set-up that makes it comfortable in our hands.

I guess if you tried a LP and a JEM and you liked the SG better there has to be something about it that you like though. Just in case, try a strat too. It's completely different animal, but try it. And try some other Ibanezs & even LPs, or Jacksons if you can. You never know wink.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Dec 21 2010, 12:17 AM
QUOTE (Fran @ Dec 20 2010, 09:47 PM) *
Go try it again some other day. Just to make sure you really dig it so much. Sometimes it's not just a certain guitar model that makes the guitar feel good, but it being nicely set-up that makes it comfortable in our hands.

I guess if you tried a LP and a JEM and you liked the SG better there has to be something about it that you like though. Just in case, try a strat too. It's completely different animal, but try it. And try some other Ibanezs & even LPs, or Jacksons if you can. You never know wink.gif

i tried a Strat deluxe /from my guitar teacher! ohmy.gif i can't stay the body of the guitar i can't play with her while i am sit :X: and also tried a JS 100 i kind like but didn't awakend these feelings

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Dec 21 2010, 12:18 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Dec 21 2010, 02:09 AM
Dude, when i first played my Gibson Les Paul Standard DC I was in love, but yeah the same, a bit shy playing it at first.
When you get over that, it's a dream. Some guitars are just meant to be.

This post has been edited by Azzaboi: Dec 21 2010, 02:10 AM

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Dec 21 2010, 02:34 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Dec 20 2010, 05:35 PM) *
Same thing happened to me man smile.gif
I had an acoustic guitar that cost me a fortune (Takamines top model),
but I sat down and tried a much cheaper Guild guitar, and I just had to sell my Takamine to get it.
It just felt right smile.gif

Try it again, and if it still feels great... Buy it smile.gif

this thread , for some reason reminds me of my wife wink.gif

+Quote Post
Jasonius
Dec 21 2010, 03:15 AM
I had the same feeling about my Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster. I liked it better than Fenders costing twice and three times as much. I'm so glad I bought it.
You could always mod the pick-ups if you decided you needed a different sound later.
Enjoy the holiday season.

+Quote Post
Gary
Dec 21 2010, 04:18 AM
This person manages to rip it up quite good with an SG tongue.gif

Cheers!
Gary

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Dec 21 2010, 04:25 AM
Instructor
you found it man, i remember the first time i saw my strat..

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 26 2010, 01:03 PM
Instructor
You definitely found it! smile.gif Try it again, and if you can find it in other stores too, try it there to see if you like it that much.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 07:22 PM