> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

( 7.8 Pass) Pentatonic Licks - Beginner, Lesson By Muris Varajic
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 1 ] ** [16.67%]
8 [ 5 ] ** [83.33%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 6

nikeman64
Nov 6 2011, 05:21 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Original lesson: Pentatonic Licks - Beginner by Muris Varajic

Hey guys, I frequently get feedback to properly tune my guitars before recording. I think I always do. Please pay special attention on the tuning in this take. I tuned it right before, with the built in tuner of my POD X3. If it's still bad now, something's wrong. I also hesitated to post this take because I noticed some vibrato's have that angry bee effect but I tried to play more from the heart, instead of thinking too much. Anyway, here it is. Looking forward to your comments !! Grtz, Nico

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Experienced Tone Seeker
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Nov 6 2011, 05:51 PM
Instructor
Hi Nikeman!

I like the overall feel of the take, the notes are laid down properly and rhythm is very good!

Pay attention to the bend you did at 0:25 that one is really good! you should do all of them like that!

I think you are right about the vibrato. Doing vibrato can be complex at first. You must have the axis note very clear, meaning, the note with no vibrato must be really in tune, and from that note you just bend the string slightly to return to that axis note. That's the way vibrato works,

I notice sometimes you bend the string upwards taking the string out of that axis note, that's why it sounds a bit sharp. I hope that helps

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 7 2011, 09:55 AM
Instructor
Hi Nico!! Timing and tightness are in place, but the articulation still needs a little more practice, although you are VERY VERY close smile.gif vibrato and bending are delicate matters and should be treated as such, so insist a bit on the advice Daniel pointed out and everything should be just fine! keep rocking man!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 7 2011, 10:36 AM
Instructor
Morning Nico ! Another cool take from you smile.gif

The bends happen quite quickly in this tune so you have less time to find the pitch.. this is a good test for your bending accuracy. Your bending and vibrato are really good when you have more time to relax and think.. when the tempo speeds up a bit like this lesson they can be affected a little bit, which is totally normal. As always, you're on the right road already so just keep walking down that road and it will get better and better. cool.gif

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Nov 7 2011, 04:39 PM
Instructor
Nice take man! What is most striking is bending & vibrato. Each new attempt bring you a different filing, which is normal, but try to find a balance between your mood and these two elements and things will get better.Keep rocking wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 10 2011, 01:45 PM
Instructor
Excellent take with good timing and tone. The only problem are your bends/vibratos. Try making them more even, and more precise (in pitch).

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 16 2011, 02:53 PM
Instructor
Good take man. I paid attention to the tuning and it's much better in this one. I think that maybe you have to change strings of calibrate your guitar to get a better tuning. You can do this test... turn on the tuner, play the open 1st string and check the tuning. Then play the 12th fret of the same string and check if the note is also correct. If the string isn't tuned correctly in the 12th fret the problem is that your guitar need to be calibrated. I like your take and I also agree that you have to work on the intonation of your bends.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
skennington
Nov 18 2011, 08:33 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
7.8 (pass)

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 06:39 PM