> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Intermediate Rock Ballad Solo, Lesson By Guido Bungenstock
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
6 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Manu RASSE
Apr 4 2016, 04:40 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Original lesson: Intermediate Rock Ballad Solo by Guido Bungenstock

Hello Guido, Gab, Darius, Ben and all GMCer. This lesson is magnificent but it is harder than I thought. The accelerations and the bends asked me for a lot of work. It is not perfect, I shall do better in a few months. I gave the best of me

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Apr 6 2016, 03:42 PM
Instructor
Hey again Mr.M! smile.gif

I can notice similar problems as with your take to other Guido's lesson. Fast licks are not precise enough and some bends need a few more cents up.

Also...this lesson is not easy at all! smile.gif Even if it's based on smooth, melodic and long notes phrasing, it contains some licks way above the level it seemed to be. The are around 0:30-0:40 whos exactly what I mean. There is this alternate picking, 16th note triplets lick that is very demanding and like "borrowed" from a lesson level 9 or 10. But the lesson itself is a beautiful composition that shows what really playing is and how all those skills we learn, can be combined into a song. That's a perfect example on how to use skills to make music without overloading it with pointless shred. The reason I'm writting this, is to cheer you up and give you some motivation to be prepared for a long time practise to master it. But it's going to be worth! I will hold my thumbs smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Apr 7 2016, 10:15 AM
Instructor
Hi again. Wow, another hard lesson from Guido! This one is a test, for sure.

I think you handle it very well here but of course we're going to hand you some tips to improve, as always wink.gif

The main thing for me is that you need to tie the phrases together better. What do I mean? I mean that there are many pauses separating bends from notes that follow, things like that. I know why it occurs. It occurs because you 're using your finger to do one job and then you need time to get it to the next position. So these audible gaps occur.

The challenge to making phrasing smooth is reducing these gaps and, in many cases, eliminating them completely. Sometimes it can be caused by the finger positioning we use. If you're performing a bend on one finger, check to see if the next phrase can be played with a different finger. Maybe not. But take a look to see if Guido's using a different finger combination in any of the phrases.

The main thing, though, is familiarity and time, time, time! It takes time to reduce these pauses in our playing. It's like when we first learn chords. We always had to stop and think before we could play the next one! smile.gif After a while, though, it became more naturally and the chord changes are seamless. It's the same with this kind of phrasing.

So, to sum it up, you're doing everything right - just do more of it!

+Quote Post
Guido Bungenstoc...
Apr 7 2016, 10:20 AM
Instructor
Thanks again, MisterM ;-)

--------------------
FIND ME HERE AT:
Guidorist.com

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 11 2016, 03:56 PM
Instructor
Hi again mate,

This lesson is also close but shows similar issues to the other one related to how comfortable you feel with some licks which is reflected on little timing issues, weak vibrato or not totally precise bending.

As you are working on many licks at a time I think that the next step is to go deeper with each part and work again on smaller sections, checking again how Guido plays each part and what is making you play some of the licks smooth-less.

That's what I recommend at this moment. You can play the whole thing, now it's time for details.

Keep on the good job!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Fran
Apr 13 2016, 01:09 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Almost there, 5.7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th May 2024 - 01:13 PM