Two Short Orchestral Drafts
verciazghra
Jun 21 2016, 01:16 PM
GMC:er
Hey, been inactive from the forums for a long time.. I've basically just been skateboarding. Lately got into composing again..

So I'm here to share some of my sketches

https://soundcloud.com/vercia/finally-it-lives-sketch

https://soundcloud.com/vercia/a-wave-of-lava010

Hope you're all doing well... I've missed this community and it's peers.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by verciazghra: Jun 21 2016, 01:17 PM

--------------------
"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." -Leonard Bernstein

"The only love affair I have ever had was with music." -Maurice Ravel

"There's no such place as dumb question." -Dose One
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 21 2016, 10:04 PM
GMC Founder
Wow I have never been even close to produce orchestral arrangements of this quality, how do you do it?! cool.gif

Keep going!!

And it's awesome to see you here again. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 22 2016, 03:37 AM
Double Wow!! The quality of these orchestral bits is INSANE. Super congrats on the composition and production smile.gif

I've got the same question as KRIS what are you using for these sounds? Software VST? Or did you get a crazy nice MOTIF keyboard?

Todd

QUOTE (verciazghra @ Jun 21 2016, 08:16 AM) *
Hey, been inactive from the forums for a long time.. I've basically just been skateboarding. Lately got into composing again..

So I'm here to share some of my sketches

https://soundcloud.com/vercia/finally-it-lives-sketch

https://soundcloud.com/vercia/a-wave-of-lava010

Hope you're all doing well... I've missed this community and it's peers.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 22 2016, 03:38 AM

+Quote Post
verciazghra
Jun 22 2016, 02:57 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jun 21 2016, 09:04 PM) *
Wow I have never been even close to produce orchestral arrangements of this quality, how do you do it?! cool.gif

Keep going!!

And it's awesome to see you here again. smile.gif

Great to be back man!

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 22 2016, 02:37 AM) *
Double Wow!! The quality of these orchestral bits is INSANE. Super congrats on the composition and production smile.gif

I've got the same question as KRIS what are you using for these sounds? Software VST? Or did you get a crazy nice MOTIF keyboard?

Todd

Hey thanks! It's all actually for a game I got the job to make music for these are parts of short placeholder loops which I can't really talk about since it's under an NDA dry.gif

As for the sounds. I'm using Friedlander violin for solo violin, CineStrings for Violin sections 1 and 2, viola, celli and double bass.
For the brass section I'm mixing ProjectSam Orchestral Brass Classic with Vienna Symphonic Libraries(Project Sam for stuff like Tuba and French Horn). VSL for stuff like trumpet(which has now been changed into CineBrass) For percussion I'm mainly using cymbals, snares, bass drum, timpani, and chimes from Impact Soundworks Rhapsody. The TAIKO library is 8dio Epic Taiko(used in A Wave of Lava). CineWinds is pretty much exclusively used for Piccolo, Flute, Clarinette, Oboe and Bassoon. And least and last I'm using Zebra 2 for some ambiance synths and Native Instruments The Grandeur for Piano.

So basically the whole scheblamo. I've mastered everything using Izotope Oxygen 7.

Thanks a lot for listening. I'm hoping to get more involved here again with the collabs and things. I need a break from this orchestral stuff once in a while!

This post has been edited by verciazghra: Jun 22 2016, 02:58 PM

--------------------
"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." -Leonard Bernstein

+Quote Post
nikeman64
Jun 22 2016, 07:24 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Awesome musicianship !!! It must be great to be able to do this! Sounds very pro smile.gif

--------------------
Experienced Tone Seeker

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 23 2016, 09:11 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (verciazghra @ Jun 22 2016, 03:57 PM) *
Thanks a lot for listening. I'm hoping to get more involved here again with the collabs and things. I need a break from this orchestral stuff once in a while!

Please do so - our collabs are obviously very different from your orchestral work!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jun 23 2016, 03:11 PM
Learning Rock Star
Very nice work, Vercia! I enjoyed that. It's been a long time since I did anything orchestral, and what I did was nowhere near your standard. Best I could ever do was this:

https://soundcloud.com/benjamin-storm-linnebjerg/death-is-little-more

Not trying to hi-jack your thread. Once again, awesome work smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
verciazghra
Jun 24 2016, 03:08 AM
Very nice work Ben! That's not bad at all. In fact I feel like that piece deserves higher quality sample libraries to bring some real life into it. The synthesized sounds that you're using doesn't give that lovely composition justice. If you ever have the chance to use great sounding sample libraries I'm sure your orchestral stuff would sound gorgeous!

No worries about the hi-jacking. Please feel free to share. Always enjoy hearing your stuff

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jun 28 2016, 04:43 PM
Learning Tone Master
nice Verc, Metallica should have had you compose rather than that (IMO)failed attempt garbage that they got sold for their s&m cd

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 28 2016, 06:03 PM
Instructor
Wou mate! This is pure magic! I love orchestral music. I've composed some stuff in the past and it's on my list of hobbies to develop since I love soundtracks and classical music.

What daw are you using?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
verciazghra
Jun 30 2016, 03:17 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 28 2016, 05:03 PM) *
Wou mate! This is pure magic! I love orchestral music. I've composed some stuff in the past and it's on my list of hobbies to develop since I love soundtracks and classical music.

What daw are you using?

Hey Gabriel! Thanks for listening. I'm using Cubase 7.07 as my daw. It seems to be the preferred choice for most people that work with orchestral libraries.

Would be fun to hear some of your orchestral stuff!

Here are two more examples using some fancier sound libraries. The second one is really just started(probably 20 hours work into it but still only a toddler..):
https://soundcloud.com/vercia/rightfully-ours

https://soundcloud.com/vercia/round-2-destroy005
Edit: Reuploaded cause I forgot to master it(thus it's now 27 hours old.)

This post has been edited by verciazghra: Jul 1 2016, 02:23 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 01:53 PM