> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Take 2: Rhythm & Funk, Lesson By Javier Aviles
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
7 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Timmez
Jul 8 2016, 07:32 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Original lesson: Rhythm & Funk by Javier Aviles

Sorry guys posted the wrong version. Greetz tim

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=57204

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 9 2016, 11:36 AM
Instructor
Hi Tim, this is definitely a superior take to the first one you posted. Your timing is better overall and so is your hand coordination.

The issue of developing quicker finger movements and picking is that it will take time.. so any lessons with fast sections are going to pose a challenge. However you're a very diligent guitarist and you work hard so the improvements are just a matter of time wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 13 2016, 08:51 PM
Instructor
Hi again Tim!

I'm a bit responsible of sharing the wrong take before this one. However it's really interesting to compare both and be able to see how this one is some steps behind. The two main things that I've marked on the previous take are better on this one so you just need more days of practice, you are definitely on the right track.

Keep going!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jul 15 2016, 08:50 PM
Instructor
That's definitely more tight playing than in your first take. Timing is still not perfect but much better than before. I think you need to change your practise routine a little bit. I'm just guessing but I think you spend a lot of time playing full lesson all over again, until it starts to sound better. In my opinion you should separate moments that need extra attention and change your practise ratio to 1:10 where 1 is how many times you play full song and 9 is how many times you should play only the licks that are not perfect yet. I mean mostly the second half. There are things that seems to be quite easy for you but some of others need a lot more work with full attention - like a lick at 0:57 - some notes are failed by sync issue or left hand fingers not being there in proper moment...or just a little too low pressure on the fret.

+Quote Post
Fran
Jul 17 2016, 11:31 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 09:25 PM