> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Five Finger Death Punch, Lesson By Gabriel Leopardi
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
7 [ 3 ] ** [75.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

George Hlio
Mar 30 2018, 09:33 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Original lesson: Five Finger Death Punch by Gabriel Leopardi

So first Level 3 lessons! I really enjoyed this groovy lesson by Gabriel! The part that sounds funny with the 1-1-0-1-1 is played by me according to the Gabriel's performance, which is different than the backing track's recorded guitars...That is why a sound of gap occurs. Hope you like it!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 31 2018, 03:36 AM
GMC:er
More good stuff!! This one is heavy on vibrato and you are developing a very strong vibrato technique. It's very important to be able to do vibrato with a single finger or with two or with three, just depending on what you are trying to play. Your timing is also quite good and with this type of piece, timing is everything as everything is synched to the kick drum. If you drift out of time with the kick drum, the entire thing just sorta falls apart. The good news is you never drift. Solid lock.

The one thing I did notice that threw me a bit was the bending toward the end. It's very very very close but could use just a pinch more as it sounded just a faint bit flat. Nailing bends is part and parcel to playing lead and you will get plenty more chances to work this out. This is the only bit that is keeping me from giving you a higher score but still good enough for a solid 7 from me!

Todd

QUOTE (George Hlio @ Mar 30 2018, 04:33 PM) *
Original lesson: Five Finger Death Punch by Gabriel Leopardi

So first Level 3 lessons! I really enjoyed this groovy lesson by Gabriel! The part that sounds funny with the 1-1-0-1-1 is played by me according to the Gabriel's performance, which is different than the backing track's recorded guitars...That is why a sound of gap occurs. Hope you like it!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 3 2018, 03:19 AM
Instructor
Hi mate!! Great job here!!

I'm checking the lesson, and the problem is that the backing track that you've used is the jamtrack, and not the normal tempo one. I'll send you a message with the right backing.

Regarding your playing, this is a very good take. I have to say that your rhythm work here is flawless, there is nothing relevante to mark regarding this.

The lead section (the chorus) has some elements to improve. The first thing that I note is that there are timing issues in some of those phrases. Besides that, your vibrato is not as consistent as for the riffs, and there are some pitch issues when you bend.

Other than that, this is a cool take. Work on those details and share a new take in aroung one week.

Gab.-

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 5 2018, 09:10 AM
GMC Founder
Hi George, as pointed out the rhythm part feels solid for most part. However, even though there is a backing mismatch - I suspect you might be stumbling a bit with your picking in the 00:41 section.

I agree that the main problem with this take are the bends in the lead section. Pitch problems are dangerous because they can turn a good performance into a bad one. So be sure to prioritise this - and if you are unsure how to tackle it I recommend post a new topic about it. I know many other students have tackle this problem successfully with practicing.

Keep up the good work - you get a 6 from me!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Apr 6 2018, 08:21 AM
Instructor
Hey there! This lesson is level 3 but it's a little more complex than it seems. There's a variety of techniques being used. Intro riff and first half of the chorus seems to be descent but I have some complaints on the intonation of your guitar and your bends in the second part of lead section. It sounds like the string is a little low. Also I think you could start to introduce your left hand to even more advanced muting techniques. Bot h - in the lead and rhyhtm section at the breaks we can hear some noise cutting through. The fact you hole your right palm on the strings, solves only low strings noise issue. You need to flatten your fingers a bit more and use a tip of random finger, to mute teh string below the one you play. This way you will be fully secured.

+Quote Post
Fran
Apr 12 2018, 10:45 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 6.75

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th May 2024 - 03:11 AM