> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Beginner Bending Workout, Lesson By Darius Wave
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
5 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

George Hlio
Apr 27 2018, 07:41 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Original lesson: Beginner Bending Workout by Darius Wave

I had those bending issues so I did this lesson! Enjoy!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 29 2018, 03:31 AM
GMC:er
You are well on your way Soldier. This is one of the most difficult lessons I've seen rated at such a low level. Getting this many bends in a row to be spot on would be a challenge even for and experienced player IMHO. You've got the Heart of a LION as usual to take this on!! You were doing quite well until about :36 seconds in. At that point, your fingers may have started getting tired as your bends were no longer hitting their marks. You were a pinch flat on several. There are soooo many bends in this that you'd need to divide it in to several small chunks and work on each one separately and then bring them all back together. The good news is that if you manage to beat this REC you will have certainly gained HUGE skills in bending!!! I think you are very close but still maybe needs just a bit more polish on sticking the landing on some of the bends. Solid 5 from me.

Todd

QUOTE (George Hlio @ Apr 27 2018, 02:41 PM) *
Original lesson: Beginner Bending Workout by Darius Wave

I had those bending issues so I did this lesson! Enjoy!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 30 2018, 04:30 PM
Instructor
Hi George,

This lesson is a wise choice for you and I think that you should continue practicing this one until you can master all those different type of bends. The lesson is not easy at all, and requires consitent technique in order to sound good.

Your bends are close but most of them aren't reaching the correct pitch. This happens with single string bends as well as with double string ones so you need to isolate and polish each of them. I recommend you to play the target note and then bend to it putting all your focus on pitch. You need to hear it with close attention to be sure that the pitch that you are reaching is correct. The double string ones are trickier so these would be part of the second step.

Besides this, I think that your vibrato needs some attention too. There are not many ones in this lesson but I find them weak. Remember to use the other fingers of your left hand to help the one that is pressing the fret, and also to start the motion from your wrist.

Finally, there are some unwanted noises then you release some bends for example at 00:17, 00:31 and 00:36. Take care of this by using muting techniques. This lesson is great for that: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Muting-Unwanted-Noise/

That's all by now mate, keep on the hard work!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
May 1 2018, 11:30 AM
Instructor
Well....I'm highly glad you took a challenge of this lesson because it has spotted the problems you have and it suggests me that you shoudl keep this lesson in your regular practise schedule and show us a ne rec once per time becasue your bending nees some serious work sad.gif I'm sorry for being suach straight-forward but that's hwo things are and of course I'll do what I can to help you. Very first few bends seems to be within a tolerance pitch range (missing few cents up) but you have serious problems when you need to make a fast bends. String bending is a technique based not only on the hearinig/pitch detection but on a muscle memory as well. We practise different variations of bends because we want to teach our fingers "how they feel". How the guitar feels and particular string on particular fret...it all makes difference that's why there is no "single cure" foe the issue. So of these bends go really high off the pitch because you don't have enough time to sturm a note , listen and readjust. Playing this lesson on a dauly basis should help you but you need to be patient and regular at doing this. There is no other way. At least it gives an idea of what direction to choose and what should you focus at. This was a great choice and great opportunity to spot and fix the issue. I'm holidng my thumbs smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
May 4 2018, 08:27 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Almost there, 4.3

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 11:18 PM