> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Melodic Death Metal , Lesson By Toni Suominen
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 2 ] ** [50.00%]
7 [ 2 ] ** [50.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

Siinthd
Oct 20 2018, 06:51 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Original lesson: Melodic Death Metal by Toni Suominen

I tried to play as clean as possible, but for now this is my limit.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 22 2018, 04:02 PM
Instructor
Hi again mate!

This is the most demanding lesson from the ones that you've shared recently at REC. I have to say that even being the one that needs more work, you are not far at all mate.

The lesson has obvious parts that need improvement, mostly regarding cleanness and timing, but you've mastered a big parts of these fast riffs mate! Well done.

I recommend you to work on smaller sections, and adjust each of the riffs until you work on connecting everything again. Remember to dedicate some time to manage dynamics as well.

Keep on the hard work!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 23 2018, 06:54 AM
GMC Founder
Cool tone! Your guitar does sound a little loud to me - but so does the original lesson.

Toni's version does have a smoother flow - so try backing off the tempo a little bit and practice some more. I fyou can practice the while being completely relaxed in your whole upper body you will get faster results.

Keep it up, you get a 7 from me!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 24 2018, 02:03 AM
GMC:er
Overall you really dig in to this and seem to be have a great time playing it which makes is a very fun listening experience!! That's a big part of performance. "Playing it like you mean it!" In terms of technique, one thing is jumping out at me. I see that you are sitting side sadle, instead of in classical position. This is of course, your call. There is no one single "right way". As a result of your sit, it looks like your right hand is drifting up towards the top of the bridge. This means that the left hand has to do the muting on the higher strings as the picking hand is really only muting the lower strings. Again, there is no one correct way. However, you might try to do it with a more centered picking hand. E.G. Place your palm on the bridge so that you can play the low E and the high E withou lifting your hand and keep your mute on both strings. Some folks can do this side sadle, some need to switch to classical position. The advantage this gives you is that you can play things that require all of the strings. It doesn't require your left hand to do half of the muting. Still, some folks just find it impossible to play like this. So I"m not saying switch your entire technique, just suggesting something to try. It can give you much more control over your dynamics and your muting. You seem to be doing pretty well without it, but I think you could push to the next level if you switched things up just a pinch!!

Todd

QUOTE (Siinthd @ Oct 20 2018, 01:51 PM) *
Original lesson: Melodic Death Metal by Toni Suominen

I tried to play as clean as possible, but for now this is my limit.

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Oct 24 2018, 08:42 PM
Instructor
Hey there again!

You've been really hard working lately smile.gif I was carefully listening through the beginning it it was going really nice. Around 0:33 things start to be a little messy. Notes are not clear enough for my taste even considering I understand the amount of gain being used. Also the case of tuning/intonation comes back again. Don't trust your open strings only. Guitar is a nasty instrument. It takes some time - temperature stabilization, string stretching and rechecking on frets to make the guitar sound truly in tune. Don't underrate it! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Oct 26 2018, 12:12 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 6.5

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 06:41 AM