Tone Pot Question, Adam's Modding Garage
Adam
Dec 4 2018, 03:56 PM
Learning Roadie
Has anyone ever tried soldering the tone pot directly into output jack? After 10 hours I managed to get my Avion to working state again but it turned out the volume pot was damaged and the only replacement I had was a push/pull pot. Now there's a lot of cables around it and some are fragile. I won't dare touching it ever, until I have my pickups re-wired by a professional, so the only way for me to get a tone pot is as described below. I know all schematics instruct tone into volume, so I'm asking.

Above is my current wiring. I have a varitone into output jack, as some schematics showed. I would like to make a change here:
Varitone into a tone pot and tone pot into output jack. I already drilled a hole in the Avion, so unless I put a dummy pot there I need to make use of it. I was thinking about tone pot which seems to be working fine with varitones. The other option would be on-on swtch for splitting coils in both pups.

Do you think that could work? I've never done this kind of mod before.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 6 2018, 08:11 PM
Instructor
Shure it can! Generally treble correction is about making a hot wire go to groung through a capacitor ...sin simpliest form. It has beedn wired through pots or switch due to comfort of soldering there and a short length of wires needed.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Adam
Dec 7 2018, 02:13 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Dec 6 2018, 07:11 PM) *
Shure it can! Generally treble correction is about making a hot wire go to groung through a capacitor ...sin simpliest form. It has beedn wired through pots or switch due to comfort of soldering there and a short length of wires needed.

THank you!! Something went wrong here and I have 2 separate master volume pots. I'll try rewiring it when I have some free time and share my results. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 10:10 PM