Dave Mustaine V, Meh? Or Yeah!
Todd Simpson
Apr 26 2022, 10:37 PM
GMC:er
Dave Mustaine is promoting his new Flying V from Gibson. It does seem like a nice guitar smile.gif However, it doesn't seem that different from a non Mustaine V but for a few bits like his sig pickups input jack, cosmetics. This isn't a huge criticism though as there are many sig guitars which are barely any different from standard models. it does have a hockey stick neck which I do approve of smile.gif I sorta wish the tips were sharper but that may have been to close to his Dean V. Dean is circling the bowl these days. Their big names have long sine left and now Dime's estate have left which puts a nail in the coffin.

It looks like the more "Metal" looking V is coming later from Kramer from the sound of it.

MEH? OR YEAH!!!!!

More info on his Daves V

https://www.guitarplayer.com/news/gibson-re...ne-flying-v-exp

Ola giving it a go

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FreePizza
Apr 26 2022, 10:48 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Nice guitars. I own a 2006 Gibson V but I really don't play it much. I always kind of liked the Jackson King V more as far as aesthetics go or even the Jackson Rhoads. Those sharper edges.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 29 2022, 04:19 AM
GMC:er
I agree smile.gif This one just seems to soft for Dave to be playing in Megadeth, but that's what the coming KRAMER version is for I think. It's got much sharper edges and headstock.

QUOTE (FreePizza @ Apr 26 2022, 05:48 PM) *
Nice guitars. I own a 2006 Gibson V but I really don't play it much. I always kind of liked the Jackson King V more as far as aesthetics go or even the Jackson Rhoads. Those sharper edges.

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Apr 30 2022, 01:06 AM
Learning Tone Master
looks like my first 'Harmony ' guitar from sears , I will just leave it at that

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th May 2024 - 03:51 AM