Ichika Nito (bedroom Guitarist Plays For A Live Audience Namm)
Todd Simpson
Jun 22 2022, 11:57 PM
GMC:er
Not trying to mock him with the title, it's taken from his own youtube channel as thats what he titled the video. Needless to say, he does not do a lot of live work, evidently. He is part of the new wave of Instagram style players who take a more jazz/fusion/funk approach to lead playing rather than traditional shredding. His playing is creative and fresh and matches well with players like Tim henson from Polyphia, with whom he has collabed.

He does seem a shy bloke and hides a bit behind his hair and sits on his amp the whole time and the audience has to almost stop breathing to hear him play as he's not using much volume. This sort of "shoegaze shred" style is just part of that vibe. All that aside, he's a great player to be sure. I'm very glad to see a new batch of players that are encouraging young folks to pick up the instrument.

Whaddya think?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 24 2022, 10:05 AM
GMC Founder
Ichika’s “bedroom” videos are extremely inspiring.

I would say him and Mateus Asato are my most inspirational “new” guys

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 26 2022, 04:54 AM
GMC:er
Agreed smile.gif The level of playing for "Bedroom" guitarists has become quite impressive. Both of those guys are leading the charge.

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jun 24 2022, 05:05 AM) *
Ichika’s “bedroom” videos are extremely inspiring.

I would say him and Mateus Asato are my most inspirational “new” guys

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th May 2024 - 07:23 AM