Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ionian Scale Speedpicking (tylert)
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
TylerT
Original GMC lesson by Pavel Denisjuk can be found Here.

Gear: EBMM John Petrucci Signature Fully Loaded
Vox Amplug Metal

Here is my take:

Thanks!

EDIT: Hey guys. Thanks for all the constructive comments, I take them all into account and try to work on them. I know this lesson is a little bit beyond me, but my whole guitar playing career has been about playing things beyond me (getting the motions down) and they gradually clean themselves up after years and years tongue.gif (which I later figured out was Shawn Lane's Philosophy also).

Once again, thank you and I look forward to you guys judging my other lessons as well! smile.gif
Emir Hot
Rhythm placement 3.9
Cleanness 3.5
Feel 4
Posture 4.2
Sound 3.8

Wow, this is quite hard one. There is a lot of room for improvement. About 40% of the notes were not as clean as they should be but somehow you managed at least to make them hearable. Your sound has too much drive and makes a bit of a noise. Less distortion also helps with cleannes. I liked your posture though. You seem to be getting there, just keep practicing. This one is a great exercise for picking. Also try not to keep your right hand fingers folded. Open them and relax the hand. Anyway, very good job.
Ramiro Delforte
Rhythm placement 4
Cleanness 3,5
Feel 4,3
Posture 4
Sound 3,5

I think (as Emir said) that too much gain makes the take dirty. Try to practice these kind of things with less gain to increase cleanness. At first you'll notice that is a little hard to get the notes but you'll see that once you get used to is better that way.

Keep the good work!
Ivan Milenkovic
Rhythm placement - 3.9
Cleanness - 3.4
Feel - 3.8
Posture - 4.5
Sound - 3.5

This is a very hard one, and you did a great job, but I think more cleaning up with make it even better mate.
Sinisa Cekic
Rhythm placement - 4
Cleanness - 3.5
Feel - 3.8
Posture - 4.5
Sound - 3.8

Hey, this lesson was a huge bit, but you managed to swallow it with some mistakes mentioned above ,keep rockin !
Lian Gerbino
Rhythm placement 4
Cleanness 4
Feel 4
Posture 4
Sound 3,5

very nice take man! everybody said enough so, just keep on practicing and you´ll fix these details.
btw, take all these comments in a good way, you´r already playing very fast and that´s a thing the most here wants wink.gif so, if you, from now on, pay attention on cleanness, you´ll become an awesome guitar player man!

cheers!

\m/

Lian
skennington
Very tough lesson here man, 77.52% (pass)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.