Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Playing Triplets
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
badfingers93
Hello GMCers biggrin.gif Just a quick question, I've been practicing alternate picking and realized that some alternate picking patterns are easier to play in triplets rather than 16th notes. Is it alrite if i continue practicing in three notes per beat just for the sake of convenience?
Sinisa Cekic
If you think to improve your technique, you have to catch and more difficult exercises. Do not hold only for simple one. To exercises that are easier for you start adding and a little more difficult patterns .
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (badfingers93 @ Aug 1 2011, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello GMCers biggrin.gif Just a quick question, I've been practicing alternate picking and realized that some alternate picking patterns are easier to play in triplets rather than 16th notes. Is it alrite if i continue practicing in three notes per beat just for the sake of convenience?

It's easier because it's slower. You could set a slower tempo and practice the exercises using 16th notes. I think that you should practice both things.
jstcrsn
I would practice both, but , I would have the nome set for a click on every note ,without the accents , other wise you will train yourself to play an accent, and then try to go back and forth between the two to make sure you are in perfect timing wether you are playing triplets or 16th's
Daniel Realpe
Practice that until you master it, then switch to the other grouping
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.