Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: (8.75, Pass) Mixolydian Soloing
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
maharzan
Original lesson: Mixolydian Soloing by Muris Varajic

Finally, I am doing a REC in a long time. smile.gif I think the tone didn't come quite well.. The rec posting is extremely easy, wow. Great work GMC. Thanks for checking!!

Ivan Milenkovic
That was very good man, very tricky, but you managed to keep it solid to the end smile.gif There were some minor problems on the most tricky parts, most notably, that fast descending run was a bit off in timing, slides could be a bit more swifter, and those big arps could be more note defined as well. However, these are all small problems, I think your note separation and picking is quite good, and so is the tone. It's a 9 in my book.
Ben Higgins
Hey Chandra, nice to have you back in the REC Zone ! cool.gif

OK, well technically it's pretty flawless so nothing to add there wink.gif

For me, the weakest aspect was the feel of the notes.. they felt a bit wooden and 'beginner' sounding. Possibly because you were focused on executing the techniques, which meant that vibrato and feel suffered a bit.

Also, it was a little out of tune with the backing.. so those 2 elements kept it from the top spot..

But still........ a 9 is nothing to complain about ! biggrin.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
Good playing! This lesson is very inspiring! I didn't remember it.

You played is well but there are some licks that should be tighter with the backing. You don't feel comfortable with the most difficult sections so I think that the best would be to isolate those parts and practice it over metronome until you feel that you are comfortable with it.

By the way, the lesson is very difficult (maybe it's more than level 6?) and you are so close to play it flawless, so congrats mate!
Cosmin Lupu
I agree with the guys Chandra! Congrats on this difficult lesson! A little bit more work on the articulation part - bending, vibrato and all around feeling and it can go to a 10!
skennington
8.75 (pass)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.