Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Power Metal Soloing Lesson
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
Opetholic
Original lesson: Power Metal Soloing Lesson by Gabriel Leopardi

Very nice solo with an awesome melody also. Helped me a lot with my AP technique. Thanks Gabriel for the lesson :)

Ben Higgins
Hi Mert, this is a strong take. You've got a good picking technique, I think.

Your vibrato is quite good too, even though you're only using 1 finger to do it with. I would be happier seeing you use your spare fingers to add strength to the finger that is doing the vibrato. Do you know what I mean by that ? If not, send me a pm and I'll explain. smile.gif

There were some dodgy wrong notes in the AP runs so I can't throw you a 10 but I'm presenting you with this very solid and respectable 9 ! cool.gif
Alex Feather
Very nice take! I agree with Ben about using more fingers! At the same time if you feel comfortable and getting good results you don't have to change anything! It's nine from me because of the fingers smile.gif Good job tho!
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi man! You are close on this one! Besides Ben's comment about your vibrato I think that you still need to practice the faster AP section, your timing is good but both hands still seem to be a bit limited at that tempo. Keep on working hard! wink.gif
Cosmin Lupu
Hey Mert! I agree with the guys smile.gif and especially with Ben regarding the vibrato on which we have already discussed wink.gif Once you start re-enforcing the finger which leads the actual vibrato by using the spare fingers, you will clearly develop greater strength and confidence in your playing!

Cosmin
skennington
8.75!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.