GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
Minks
Original lesson: John Frusciante Style Lesson by Gabriel Leopardi

Take 2!

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=48711
Cosmin Lupu
Howdy mate! Great improvements!

I think it's obvious that you have worked a lot on this, in order to make it sound as close as possible to Gabe's recording. What I notice is that your timing is good, you play clean and the dynamics are in place - I can definitely hear each note!

What would need more focus:

- Gabe vibrates some of the notes - now that you can play the entire lesson, focus in learning where the vibrated notes are and execute them as he does
- The take sounds a bit mechanical - this is a superior step in your guitar playing journey - the interpretation smile.gif You need to make this piece flow, but it will come with experience. It's something which is only felt, not learned from the books.

8 is a grade that you have fairly earned mate! My congratulations to you!

Cosmin
Darius Wave
Great to see Your 2nd take in such a short time measure since the first one smile.gif Clearly You worked on the issues pointed in the first take smile.gif Well done! Now You have only some details to bring more life to this short tune - like the mentioned by Cosmin...the vibrato smile.gif Nicew and clean. Glad to bring another passing rate smile.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi mate. I'm impressed, I re-checked my comments in your previous take and I can notice that you worked on each thing that I suggested and the results are fantastic. There is still room to improvements as Cosmin detailed it very well but you moved from 6 to 8 in a very short time.

Congratulations!! Keep on the good job. smile.gif
Fran
Pass: 8
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.