Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: John Frusciante Style Lesson
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
sumitnxt
Original lesson: John Frusciante Style Lesson by Gabriel Leopardi

audio quality is poor. i am recording using webcam mic.

Edit : regarding the wrong note at 0:38 , i am not at fault but my guitar is. i am just playing the 20th fret of high e string as per the tabs smile.gif
Darius Wave
Hi there ! Wellcome to the REC section. This is Your first approach am I right ?smile.gif

Let's get to the point. Same as some other players who were doing this lesson You have a timming problems. I will have to repeat what I said to them. This is not an easy one to keep the best timming, because there is no drums or any other percussive pulse in the backing but there is some tolerance range to fit in.

0:38 wrong note tongue.gif

Basic thingsare done. Correct the note and work on the timming and should be much better smile.gif Cheers !
Cosmin Lupu
Hey there Sumit!

Sounds like a fair take to me, but here are my suggestions in order for you to improve this one:

- that bend at 0:17 - it reached the pitch, but the timing was not perfect - I would also suggest you to use the ring finger and the middle finger when bending, for more support.
- 0:37 - there should've been another note there biggrin.gif hehe
- try to put more feeling, when playing - at this point, it is very close to being correct, but since it's a simple piece, it needs more interpretation and flow, so that you may bring out the best in it.

Keep rocking mate!

Cosmin
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi man! You are on the right track with this one. I can notice that you are doing some bends longer than the original lesson, for example the one at 00:17 and the one at 00:35. In this two bends, the release should be heard too. Work on it and on the things that the other instructors suggested and you will master this one. wink.gif
Fran
Almost there, 6.3
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.