Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Beginner Power Chords Strumming
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
George Hlio
Original lesson: Beginner Power Chords Strumming by Darius Wave

I had a lot of fun with this one and it got me going with strumming as this constant airy up-down picking hand feel is very nice! Of course I paid attention though not to hit the 7th string. I was relaxed though Hope you like it!

Todd Simpson
Nice!!! This is a tough one for a 7 string as all these big strummy chords are gonna temp you to hit that big low B and cause a LOT of string noise. if you hit that bit low B one time you would hear it big time. The good news is, you managed to keep it muted and and still kill it with the big chords. Nicely done!!! Good timing, big chords, all round well done! Solid 7 from me.

Todd

QUOTE (George Hlio @ Feb 26 2018, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Original lesson: Beginner Power Chords Strumming by Darius Wave

I had a lot of fun with this one and it got me going with strumming as this constant airy up-down picking hand feel is very nice! Of course I paid attention though not to hit the 7th string. I was relaxed though Hope you like it!

Gabriel Leopardi
Hi George!

You are doing a very good job here. I've tried to detect relevant issues on this one and the only things that I've noted are that sometimes the chord changes can be smoother (mostly when the distance between chords is bigger) and there are some moments when the rhythm can be tighter, but all these are VERY small details that will be fixed soon.

Your playing is consitent in most of the take, so you have an 8 from me.

Keep rocking!
Kristofer Dahl
Very nice!

You are grooving with the music and it translates to a musical performance.

To fix the glitches between the chords (as Gab mentioned) I would recommend practicing those chord changes alone - to make sure you can do them without having to think. Remember to practice the changes at a tempo that is way below your comfort speed.

You get an 8 from me, well done!
Darius Wave
Great and consistent work on the basics. I really dig the path you choose, not just because these ae my lessons, but because you decided to recheck all the basic mechanics of both hands before going to something harder. I see no big issues here. Only tiny timing problems - usually in fornt of the beat and some chords changes could be even tighter. All these are nothing serious. Well done smile.gif
Fran
Pass: 7.75
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.