Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question About Legato Etude Lesson
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Spenser
i have been playing guitar for about 4 years. my legato technique is pretty good but it feels sloppy. while using this video to learn and perfect it i realized that my left thumb posture on the neck was incorrect and while fretting the lower strings i would turn my left hand outward. now that i have corrected the posture and technique i feel much slower. should i continue to play with the incorrect technique or keep practicing with the fixed technique even though its slower?

Link to lesson:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...o-etude-lesson/
Monica Gheorghevici
Hi Spenser!

My advice is to keep practicing using the correct technique. You feel much slower now because you haven't gotten used to the "new technique" yet (the one step back, two steps forward rule). You have nothing to worry about. We've all been through it. smile.gif

โ€‹Have a great day!
Spenser
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Jan 29 2024, 02:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Spenser!

My advice is to keep practicing using the correct technique. You feel much slower now because you haven't gotten used to the "new technique" yet (the one step back, two steps forward rule). You have nothing to worry about. We've all been through it. smile.gif

โ€‹Have a great day!

okay! im sure continuing to practice the correct technique will be better for me in the long run. thank you biggrin.gif
Monica Gheorghevici
QUOTE (Spenser @ Jan 29 2024, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
okay! im sure continuing to practice the correct technique will be better for me in the long run. thank you biggrin.gif

You're welcome. smile.gif
If you have more questions or you need help with the lessons, let us know. wink.gif
Kristofer Dahl
Very cool you found this antique lesson ๐Ÿ˜

I agree with Monica, however best would be if we could see your technique.

We really donโ€™t want you to spend time relearning the wrong way ๐Ÿ‘Š
Spenser
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 30 2024, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very cool you found this antique lesson ๐Ÿ˜

I agree with Monica, however best would be if we could see your technique.

We really donโ€™t want you to spend time relearning the wrong way ๐Ÿ‘Š

no worries! i corrected my form and now it is much better and i play more fluently now smile.gif also i just noticed why you called the lesson antique! it was made when i was only 3 years old !!
Kristofer Dahl
Ok great!๐Ÿ‘Š

And wow thatโ€™s really cool - this lesson is almost as old as you! Crazy how some skills are just timeless ๐Ÿ˜Ž
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.